Health Safety and Environment (HSE), the role of this position is to lead plant safety efforts, ensure compliance with safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance, and align facility safety policies and procedures with regulations.
- Develop and implement QHSE policies, guidelines, and programs to achieve excellence at the plant.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with defined QHSE policies for all operations and maintenance activities.
- Create and maintain emergency and disaster preparedness plans with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Conduct regular safety self-audits and spot checks in the plant.
- Provide advice and technical guidance on QHSE issues to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Coordinate with relevant QHSE authorities to ensure staff awareness and compliance with regulations.
- -Promote safety awareness throughout the plant and connected sites.
- Implement programs to enhance QHSE awareness and contractor performance.
- Ensure availability of QHSE facilities and emergency services in the plant.
- Identify and assess Health and Safety risks, and implement mitigation strategies.
- Analyze incident trends, collect QHSE statistics, and make recommendations.
- Facilitate QHSE audits of construction and contractors’ activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Escalate unresolved safety concerns to the Head of Operations.
- Contribute to policy updates as required.
- Assist in training and developing assigned subordinates.
- Conduct performance reviews of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic reports for the Head of Operations.
- Interface with regulatory bodies regarding Quality and Environment.
- Ensure sustainability in all operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or Natural Sciences from an accredited/reputable university.
- Professional qualifications from reputable institutions, such as NEBOSH and IOSH certifications.
- Minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience in a high-risk environment, with preference for power station experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a managerial/leadership capacity.
Also Read https://careerspride.com/health-safety-and-environment-hse/
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of international QHSE codes, standards, and best practices.
- -Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools.
- Problem-solving skills.
Also Read: facility supervisor at oilserve limited
Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) Officer at WTS Energy
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online by clicking on the provided link. Here